Happy New Year 2013
End of the year resolutions are not really my thing. But a close look back to the ups and downs and the on-goings of the past year is always a good idea.
So read here my answers to 35 questions to the year 2012.
- Where did you begin 2012?
In the apartment of the beautiful Bere, three couples that celebrated, ate and danced just to continue their dancing in a club after midnight.
- What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
I traveled for seven weeks in a country never been before and which language I barely speak: Mexico.
- Did you keep your new year’s resolutions and will you make more for next year?
I can’t even remember making resolutions last year. But this year I pledged to introduce more sports in my life – and I certainly don’t mean more finger-sport: aka more knitting projects 😀
- Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, a good friend of mine got a little boy. I made her this baby jacket.
- Did anyone close to you die?
- What countries did you visit?
Mexico with a short stop in Great Britain 😛
- How did you earn money?
As a freelance web developer for a few private websites and a Berlin-based web company.
- Where did most of your money go?
My vacation in Mexico, Yarn (what else!) and for celebrating at the weekends. I just can’t resist if someone is going dancing.
- Did you have any encounters with the police?
- What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
A bit more luck/success. It’s not like 2012 was so bad, but the last four month were a bit … unlucky.
- What date from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Two dates actually.05.05.12, Well, Mexico was my biggest adventure this year. And the wedding, for which I actually flew there, I will never forget. Beautiful.
21.12.12, On the one hand, the world was supposed to end. On the other hand, it was my birthday. Nothing more to add. :3
- What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I would say to start writing this blog. I am pretty proud of it.
- What was your biggest failure?
I just can’t think like that. What happened, happened. Failures don’t exist in my world.
- Where did you go on holidays?
Dresden, Leipzig and my parents home for Easter. Mexico in summer. For a lovely weekend to Mainz. A fall trip to the Rennsteig in Thuringia. The first advent weekend in Lingen.
- What was the best thing you bought?
I would say the yarn for project 52. Those colors! The feel! Amazing.
- What did you get really, really excited about?
- Did you move anywhere?
Yes, but just in Berlin from one district to the next: From Friedrichshain to Alt-Hohenschönhausen. It is not as bad as it sounds! 😆
- Where do you live now?
Germany, Berlin, Alt-Hohenschönhausen.
- What songs will always remind you of 2012?
Auditorium – Oh, my desperate soul
- What do you wish you’d done more of?
- What do you wish you’d done less of?
Feeling miserable for things I just can’t change.
- How did you spend Christmas?
Too far away from my sweetheart but in old tradition with my family: Rumtopf, card games, sauna. Only my sister had to stay in Berlin because of work. 🙁
- What did you get for Christmas?
We not normally doing presents but because two days before Christmas my shoes literally fell apart, my dear mother bought me new ones.
- What was your favorite TV program?
Game of Thrones! Even without Khal Drogo I can’t wait for the new season to start.
- What books did you read?
Well, I am starting too many without finishing them. But in the beginning of the year I had a period where I was quite interested in the conflict between white and black in the US. So I read “Gone with the wind” by Margaret Mitchell and “The Help” by Kathryn Stockett.
- What was your favorite film of this year?
“Oh Boy” So Berlin. So my life.
- What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
I turned 27 and had a little round of friends at our local bar in Friedrichshain. After that I obviously went dancing. Surprisingly with some Chinese guy to a salsa club. Weird, I guess.
- How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
As always: Lots of flowers. But also more knitted clothes than ever.
- What kept you sane?
My mantra: “Do not give up.”
- What concerts and shows did you go to?
To a Mexican Beatles concert. Not that many this year, I just realize.
- What has been your favorite moment?
I couldn’t say just one. There are too many lovely moments.
- Favorite night out?
Probably that night I went to Schwuz and danced like I was 19 again until seven in the morning.
- Tell us a valuable life lesson your learned in 2012.
We are all getting older and have to figure out some things we want in the future eventually. For some things there is no let’s-just-see-what’s-happening.
- What’s something you learned about yourself?
Maybe I do want those things I never considered wanting after all?
- What lyrics sum up your year of 2012?
“Through time and through many a situation
We both look forward side-by-side
We have shared it all
We have both stood tall
What is mine is yours, in happiness and in strife
You’re my love
And I want you in my life”
Impregnable Question – Dirty Projectors
Just take the whole text of the song. It is the truth to me.
I am looking forward to see how I’m going to answer those questions end of this year!
One Response to “Happy New Year 2013”
kennst du eigentlich diese Animation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6ZjMWLqJvM
Ist schon ziemlich alt, aber trotzdem gut, finde ich 🙂